21.8.04

Save Ferris

As some of you know, my friends Alice and Jeff Buehler are about to have a baby. They haven't settled on a name yet, but with your help, they might see there way to name their child Ferris.

Jeff has been living with jokes about his last name since John Hughes' film came out in 1986. But he admits that he sorta likes the name Ferris. Never mind that the character's surname is spelled slightly differently, and never mind that the baby may be a girl.

You can help by pledging to donate funds to the Buehler family, payable in the event they do name the child Ferris. I have no idea how the money would actually be handled; in an escrow account I suppose. Several people I've already spoken to have pledged a hundred dollars or more. Our goal is to reach six figures, U.S. Anyway, please indicate your interest and the amount you could donate in comments below.

It Means Everything.

12 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearth, Dearth , dearth, Dearth
Wonderful Dearth! Wonderful Dearth!

--Dearth

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Scott said...

I pledged a bunch of money, but I forget how much because I was too drunk when I pledged it. It's a good idea anyway.

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Hey everybody, stop the mad pledge rush. They had a baby girl!

 
At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ferris is a perfectly good girl's name. Granted I have a predeliction for boy's names on girls. Gilbert is a perfectly good girl's name to me. But Ferris? Come on, it's basically the name of a wheel - I think it's gender neutral. God damn people, this is 2004. Let's not let a silly social construct like gender get in the way of a great name like Ferris Beuhler. I'm contributing my company's profits for the next three quarters.

 
At 1:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://efyzpulz.com/dgjo/giyt.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://alsyaxrh.com/kwdw/zlzb.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 1:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 1:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://efyzpulz.com/dgjo/giyt.html | http://wsohkgax.com/ijtr/vhdj.html

 
At 4:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article! Thanks.

 
At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting article.

 
At 2:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Nice site! Good resources here. I will bookmark!

 
At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see first time your site guys. I like you :)

 
At 2:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home