That's no dragon, that's my wife
Those who are familiar with Czech media are aware of how entertaining CTK's attempts at English-language headlines can be. But I think the Jakarta Post has them beat today with Komodos from Indonesia capture Czech President at Prague Zoo.
Sadly the headline simply isn't accurate, but the truth is almost as good -- for as the lede tells us, "Indonesia's Komodo dragons -- the world's rarest and largest lizard species -- recently captured the heart of the Czech Republic's President Vaclav Klaus."
And they said the president loved no one but himself.
quality hearsay and arduous speculation from the former austro-hungary & thereabouts
- Name: Theo
By Malcolm Gladwell
Gladwell ... offers his account of this sort of seemingly instantaneous judgment. ... The book features the fascinating case studies, skilled interweavings of psychological experiments and explanations and unexpected connections among disparate phenomenon that are Gladwell's impressive trademark.
- Howard Gardner, The Washington Post
- Screen Daily
- The Hollywood Reporter
- Arts & Letters Daily
- Google News
- The New Yorker
- The Prague Daily Monitor
- Boot Liquor Radio
- The Chett Stream
- Classic Heartland
- The Connected Traveler
- Indy Pop Rocks
- A Prairie Home Companion
- Radio Loveless
- Radio Free Tamizdat
- This American Life
- Word Jazz
- Oh, this is a good idea¡
- Dude So like I heard this dude was on the radio...
- Do I have to smack you? I was relieved to read ...
- More bang for your crown ČTK and ČT1 reported y...
- Terrorism, my eye You know how you like to frea...
- Yes, but you're not authentically wasted As a s...
- Ah, to je svoboda! I recently had my bedroom fl...
- It’s not just the economy, stupid Give a listen...
- Go Ukraine I'm more optimistic about Ukraine's ...
- Gone huntin' Getting back to my red-state roots...